February 11, 2007

It's Been Over a Month...


Well, I'm not happy to admit this... but I haven't flow in a month. Not by choice, work and weather just seemed to conflict.

And now I have an even BIGGER problem... MY PLANE IS GONE! I call it my plane only because I never had a problem renting it an hour prior to a flight, so it felt like my own plane.

Anyhow, earlier this week I called to schedule some time for this weekend. I was quickly informed that the plane was moved to another airport about 30 miles away. I guess this isn't a huge deal, but I'm not even sure if it will be available for rent. The plane is owned by a person who puts it on lease back (meaning he owns it and makes it available for renting to offset costs). Now I have to track this thing down... any way I look at it, it won't be as convenient. I could downgrade to a lesser equipped aircraft, but I have been spoiled by the G1000.

Oh well... it was good while it lasted. If these are the extent of problems in my life, things are going well! :)

This gives me a chance to show off one of my favorite pilot tools. For all you Mac users out there (and Yahoo! Widget users on a PC), there is a great aviation weather widget for getting local METAR and TAF information. It makes it very handy for a quick check of weather. I find myself using it all the time! The picture at the top is the cluster of all my weather widgets on my dashboard.

Here is a screen shot:

1 comment:

Delta Whiskey said...

I really like that widget as well - very very handy! Nice blog!